Help Us Celebrate 35 Years of MeatOut
Take the VegPledge
You can make an Impact
Check out last year’s MeatOut numbers to see how far-reaching your impact will be:
Ways To Get Involved
Here are just some activities you can do for MeatOut:
• Take the VegPledge and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
• Ask local officials to endorse MeatOut through proclamations.
• Distribute vegan food samples, literature, or host a vegan potluck in your community.
• Be sure to register your event!
• Spread the word with a MeatOut banner, poster, or social media meme (be sure to use the hashtags #MeatOut and #MeatOut2020)
• Encourage local restaurants to feature vegan options
What Is MeatOut?
MeatOut was started in 1985 by Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) to promote a conversation questioning the consumption of animal products around the world. The first day of spring was selected as symbolic of renewal and turning over a new leaf. In 2018, Animal Outlook (formerly Compassion Over Killing) took over the tradition of MeatOut by inspiring people to try veganism and using the day as a launch to VegWeek in April.