Thank you for an amazing MeatOut 2019!
You can make an Impact
Check out last year’s MeatOut numbers to see how far-reaching your impact will be:
A Call to Action on March 20 for MeatOut!
You can multiply your impact for animals right in your community! Here are some activities you can do for MeatOut (and all year long):
• Ask local officials to endorse MeatOut through proclamations
• Distribute vegan food samples and literature at local events
• Spread the word with a MeatOut banner, poster, or social media meme (be sure to use the hashtags #meatout and #meatout2019)
• Encourage local restaurants to feature vegan options
• Request media interviews to encourage vegan eating
History of MeatOut
Started in 1985, MeatOut empowers thousands of people from coast to coast to turn over a new leaf by exploring the many benefits of plant-based eating, for our health, the environment, and animals. Thousands celebrate MeatOut on March 20, the first day of Spring, by sharing their love of vegan food as part of this inspiring international event.
Over the past 30+ years, MeatOut has spread to two dozen countries, including Germany, France, Spain, and Israel. Celebrity supporters have included Doris Day, Bob Barker, Casey Kasem, Ed Asner, James Cromwell, Chrissie Hynde, Bill Maher, Mary Tyler Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Alicia Silverstone, and others, have joined.
The Great American Meatout was launched by Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) in 1985, to promote a national conversation questioning consumption of animal products. The first day of Spring (March 20th) was selected as symbolic of renewal and turning over a new dietary leaf. Animal Outlook (formerly Compassion Over Killing) is proud to take on the tradition of Meatout by inspiring millions to try vegan.