- Meatout with Paul Shapiro, Vice-President of Farm Animal Protection of HSUS - Interview on Animal Voices Radio
Welcome to The Great American Meatout, the world's largest annual grassroots diet education campaign!
National and local media have been very supportive of Meatout since it was launched in 1985.
- News editors and anchors have reported on local educational events and interviewed national and local organizers.
- Lifestyle editors and talk shows have featured interviews with Meatout celebrities and organizers.
- Food editors have run delightful meatless recipes and stories on the growing popularity of ready-to-eat meatless foods.
- Letters editors have published hundreds of letters from local activists.
- Magazines, billboard companies, and transportation systems have generously donated space to carry the Meatout message to millions.
Recent times have seen some startling developments in national dietary trends:
- Obesity is surpassing smoking as top a national health threat.
- The vegan food market has been growing dramatically.
- Reports of meat consumers infected by the deadly E. coli strain continue to accumulate.
- A survey found that 1 in 4 college students wants vegan meals on campus.
- Fast food establishments are offering veggie burgers and leaner menus.
- Major food manufacturers have been marketing more alternativess to meat and dairy.
- Major supermarkets have been offering more alternatives to meat and dairy.
- Several states have been recommending a vegetarian school lunch option.
These developments have contributed to Meatout's ever-growing success!
Michael A. Webermann
For the press release template click here (.doc file).